I’m a valuable behind-the-scenes ally who brings the following to your project:
- Demonstrated work history as a writer and copy editor
- Strong grasp of grammar and writing fundamentals
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Collaborative working style
- Marketing orientation
- Rigorous adherence to established timelines
- Experience exercising discretion with confidential or sensitive documents
My services include light and heavy copyediting, content editing, and writing. My training and experience is in marketing and technical communications.
I address each of the items below.
- Word choice
- Incorrect sentence construction
- Consistency of spelling, hyphenation, and names
- Grammar and spelling
- Number usage
- Minor fact-checking
- Proper handling of dialogue and dialogue tags
- Numbering of footnotes, tables, and figures
- Adherence to the appropriate style guide
In addition to the items noted above, I make suggestions to reduce redundancy and wordiness, and provide alternatives to awkward phrasing, repeated words, confusing jargon, and overused adverbs and adjectives. I communicate the reasoning for stylistic or substantive copyedits.
I offer written feedback on structural and organizational problems in the text along with suggested solutions.
Please contact me to discuss your project. See my writing samples
Contact Me for a Free Quote
I offer free quotes and a free sample copyedit for new clients. Read more here